Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some things just never change...


Happy New Year!!!
... and as this new year begins, many old habits continue. Some of you are aware of G's compulsion to cut-up/rip paper... this is what I found this morning, mixed in with other assorted pieces of who-knows-what! Do you think the bank will exchange it for entire dollar bills?
The most irreplaceable thing he ever cut-up was my high school diploma; the funniest episode was his unrolling an entire roll of toilet tissue to get the the center cardboard - the tissue was piled up on both sides of the john, about two feet high.
Sad, but funny...
Any suggestions on how to eliminate this behavior; or make it more functional? I labeled this post under "paper arts" because, well, I suppose this is his art form.

2 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

Oh Janice!!
How about leaving out papers you would recycle anyway? Dear, sweet G-I love the comment about this being his art form! Have you ever had him glue the ripped paper on poster board?
You are a patient mother!

Elisabeth said...

Oh my goodness! At least it wasn't a higher bill! =)

With Emily, I usually have a drawer set aside for her with scraps that she can do whatever with. She likes to glue the scraps.