Friday, June 12, 2009

A nature walk...

It may not have been the seashore, but it was a wonderful walk nonetheless! On Wednesday morning I joined a group from the Museum of Natural History for a pleasant trek through the trails of Beebe Woods in Falmouth. Once a privately owned estate, the densely forested acreage of this conservation area provides well maintained & marked trails for nature walking. I delighted in seeing many lady-slippers in bloom and renewed my appreciation for the beauty and rich color of the moss which skirted the trails. The kettle pond we encountered (The Punch Bowl), which was once thought to be "bottomless," enhanced and reflected the beauty of this incredible place. My thanks to our guide, Connie, for transporting us and introducing me another Cape Cod gem!





No comments: